Arizona ERISA and Employee Benefit Claims Attorneys
Helping you obtain the benefits you deserve
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, commonly called ERISA, is a federal law regarding employee’s rights to their employment benefits, such as disability insurance, health insurance, life insurance and more. The attorneys at Raymond, Greer & McCarthy, P.C. fight for your rights to employer-provided benefits covered by ERISA. Since the founding of our firm, we’ve used our experience and knowledge to aggressively represent individuals in obtaining the benefits they need and deserve.
What does ERISA cover?
Many employer-provided benefits are covered by ERISA, including:
- Life insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plans (401Ks, for example)
ERISA applies to private employers who offer benefits (or plans) but doesn’t require employers to provide them. It also doesn’t apply to privately purchased insurance coverage.
Does ERISA apply to my case or not?
We assist clients in determining whether ERISA is applicable and if you may have a claim against your employer or their insurance company. There are four questions that help us determine when ERISA applies:
- Who pays the premiums? If the employer pays all or some of the premium, it’s likely covered by ERISA.
- Who is the contact? If your contact person is the “plan administrator,” this is probably ERISA covered.
- For whom do you work? Private companies are probably covered by ERISA but government entities and religious institutions are not.
- What kind of insurance is involved? If it’s employer-paid insurance, it’s likely covered by ERISA — but other kinds, like homeowners insurance, are not covered.
Insurance companies are in business to make money — so plan administrators often deny initial claims. No matter what obstacle has been placed in your way, rest assured that our attorneys strive diligently to help you overcome it, and work tenaciously to attain the best possible result for you in your ERISA claim.
Don’t delay, contact us today.
At Raymond, Greer & McCarthy, P.C., we help people navigate the complexities of ERISA matters. We will work with you to appeal denials of benefits and obtain the coverage you deserve. Call 602-777-3239 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. With offices conveniently located in Phoenix, Arizona, we stand ready to represent you in your ERISA benefits claim.