Mark J. MorylOf Counsel
- Email Mark J. Moryl ›
- Employee Benefits Law; ERISA; Taxation; Corporate Law; Business Law; Estate Planning
- 1983, Indiana; 1984, Illinois; 1991, Arizona
- Indiana University, J.D.
- State Bar of Arizona.
- Mark J. Moryl is responsible for providing assistance to the clients of Raymond, Greer & McCarthy, P.C. regarding commercial transactions, individual and corporate income tax, estate planning and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and the Internal Revenue Code along with related compensation, welfare and employee benefits issues. Mr. Moryl has been associated with the firm since October of 1993.
- Mr. Moryl served as the Deputy General Counsel of the General Board of Pension and Health Benefits of The United Methodist Church (General Board) for four and a half years. As Deputy General Counsel, his primary duties included counseling the General Board, its Board of Directors and related organizations concerning tax and legal issues.
- Mr. Moryl was also the chief benefits attorney for the General Board. In this capacity, he gained significant knowledge regarding the Ministerial Pension Plan, Personal Investment Plan, Comprehensive Protection Plan and HealthFlex. In addition, Mr. Moryl was involved in designing the policies and procedures used by the General Board with respect to these plans. During his tenure at the General Board, Mr. Moryl was also involved in the creation and implementation of the uniform compensation reporting system used by The United Methodist Church.
- Mr. Moryl has also been associated with a Fortune 500 insurance company, a major law firm based in Phoenix and a major international accounting and consulting firm. Mr. Moryl has also practiced law in Chicago and northwest Indiana.
- La Porte, Indiana